ALTE Services Unit Manager
ALTE – the Association of Language Testers in Europe – is looking to appoint a freelance consultant to take on the newly created role of Services Unit Manager from July 2022. As ALTE expands its reach, membership and activities, the Services Unit Manager will take over some responsibilities from the current ALTE Secretariat, as well as developing further activities for the association to achieve its charitable purposes.
What the role involves
- Develop and manage ALTE’s professional assessment development and quality management consultancy areas
- Oversee ALTE’s quality management system and work alongside the current Audit Coordinator and other relevant people to develop the system
- Take responsibility for ALTE’s courses and develop the programme of courses
- Design, implement and oversee a new programme of consultancy for professional assessment services
- Establish and maintain links with stakeholders relating to these areas
What the applicant should be able to demonstrate
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver projects efficiently and cost-effectively, in line with agreed budgets
- Ability to provide leadership, take the initiatives and achieve objectives
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently both autonomously and collaboratively
- Basic knowledge of language assessment theory and practice
- Minimum of Bachelors’ level education or equivalent
- High proficiency in English and one other European language (at least C1 level each); knowledge of other European languages an advantage
- Familiarity with the work of ALTE and its objectives (desired)
- The post is offered as an freelance consultancy role, i.e. the person appointed is responsible for paying for their own taxes and insurances etc.
- Payment is minimum €40/hour, but subject to qualifications and experience.
- The expectation is that the Services Unit Manager would typically work up to 12 hours a week for the contract period and would invoice ALTE for hours worked.
- Hours can be flexible to suit, although occasionally would be required at pre-arranged times (meetings etc.)
- The first contract period is from 1 July 2022 to 31 December 2022.
- Subject to a review in December 2022, a new contract period may begin in January 2023, with the current expectation of an increase in hours per week.
- The role should be carried out from home (a location within the EU, UK, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Iceland).
- Occasional travel within Europe may be expected.
For more information, or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send in their CV and a one page cover letter, by the closing date of Friday 22nd April 2022. Interviews will be held online at a mutually convenient time during May 2022.